12.29.2005

Weekend Stoke VI

Over Christmas, I was able to get up on the mountain a coupla days – Saturday and Monday to be exact. Here’s what I found…

It turns out that I can’t find the perfect bump run – It appears as though I’m addicted to them all…
However, I’m glad that I reacquainted myself with runs called Brakeman and Coupler (both on the Mary Jane side). Yea, I know, these bump runs rock, though I’m not sure what took me so long to get back on them. See, I believe the last time I skied these two examples were way back during my first season – circa 2000. At any rate, I’m upset that I skied by these two runs so often for alternative runs that preside nearby; it will never happen again. Brakeman and Coupler, this post goes out to you.

Well, if you’re ever in the area, please check out the huge boulders on Coupler. Or you could just look at these photos:













Crazy angle looking across Coupler. A little steep i'd say.

















Here's looking back up Zero Creek basin - out of bounds... This area should definitely be open in the near future.












Close-up shot of some sweeet-lookin chutes











Looking at the divide from the MJ side. Devil's Thumb is over there somewhere.












Parry Peak once again













And one last one looking up Berthoud Pass from the top of Parsenn Bowl













I also have some video lying around here somewhere. Once i get them hosted, they'll be posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, making me envious. I'm stuck out here on the east coast -- 3 hours to the nearest ski hill (we don't do real mountains here).

It's been year's since I've been out to WP, and you just reminded me why it's such a fun place. Always had a killer time ripping up Cannonball and Columbine -- Jaberwocky's a fantastic cruiser, and I still can't stop laughing thinking about my cousin taking off his skis and trying to walk down Outhouse.

Thanks for brining back those memories. Pax.

J Peezy said...

Thanks for the comments Keith. Yea, i know WP isn't grand compared to Vail, Apsen, Tahoe reorts and the likes, however, i have a great time everytime i get out - no matter which run i ski. WP just happens to be the place that i know best. I can find a good time no matter the conditions nor how much fresh pow has fallen. And i know where to find a good apes' happy hour for under $3 a drink.

Please check back for more reports - we gots lots of season left! Enjoy yourself out there on the right coast.

-BP